Weekly Update #14
What’s Been Done
Welcome back to another weekly update for Hashgreen! It’s been a great week continuously developing our product, and this week we are going to give you an update on the translation project for Hashgreen DEX and also some random updates of Hashgreen!
- Hashgreen members were having a monthly meet last Friday! Monthly meets are one of the great ways to keep everyone connected, especially when the members are all working remotely.
- We are going to have an office space in Taipei!
Updates on the i18n project for Hashgreen DEX
- Last week, we began the translation project for Hashgreen DEX using Crowdin, a cloud-based localization management platform that enables both collaborative translation and management, and we’re lucky to have multiple volunteer translators to help us with our product. So far, we’ve had 11 project members assisting us with the project and in total 9 languages that are requested to be translated.
- Again, we are constantly looking for volunteer translators or proofreaders to help us, so if you are interested in it, please don’t hesitate to contact us or visit our Discord for more information.
- For translators and proofreaders, we prepared a tutorial and some guidelines on how to complete the translation and what they should pay attention to when translating. Below are general explanations to the process of translation:
1. The objective was to achieve conceptual equivalence in each of the source and target languages. The translation should convey the same meaning as the source language, and it should also remain natural and acceptable in the target language.
2. The length of each string is what translators should be aware of especially when there’s limited amount of space left for the translation because of the user interface. Try not to let the translation surpass the original text length.
3. The translator should complete at least 95% of the translation, otherwise the translation will not be updated to our DEX. We will update languages that meet the parameter on a periodic basis.
- Your assistance is always one of the most precious things that we deeply appreciate, and in order to express our gratitude, there might be some random surprises given to those who help us with the translation project. 😜